The Montreal Boat and Water Sports Show, the Nautical Event in Quebec
Forgotten what summer feels like? Head to the Montreal Boat and Water Sports Show which will be held from February 7th to 10th at Place Bonaventure. Presented by the Quebec Marine Association, this event is the largest of its kind in Quebec with more than 400 boats, nearly 275 exhibitors (10% more than in previous years) and an average of 30 000 visitors. The 2013 Boat Show has been diversified in order to fully satisfy all water sport, boat, fishing and nature lovers.
Damian Foxall, one of the world's top offshore sailors
Sailing enthusiasts will be extremely delighted to find out that one of the world’s top sailors, Damian Foxall, will be among the lecturers at this year Boat Show. This Irish native who lives in Quebec with his wife and children, is the winner of four very prestigious world-tour races including the Volvo Ocean Race 2011-2012 and the World Race Barcelona 2008.
- Twice as many sailing boats than in previous years (the 6 biggest brands)
- All types of boats, including large yachts, sailing, fishing and motor boats, pontoons, electric motor, dinghies and boats made in Quebec
- All the latest in high-technology and accessories
- Useful information about buying, financing and insuring a boat
- Racing boats from the Regate de Valleyfield
- An exhibition on the evolution of navigation equipment
- Exhibits on Quebec’s world class nautical destinations
- Plus entertainment for the whole family
Place Bonaventure (800, de la Gauchetière West, Montreal, Métro Bonaventure)
February 7th to 10th (Thursday, Friday - 11am to 9pm; Saturday – 10am to 8pm and Sunday – 10am to 6pm)
- Adults: $13
- Seniors / Student: $10
- Children (under 12 years old): free
- Families (2 adults and 2 teens from 13 to 17 years old): $30
- Special 2 for 1: Saturdays from 5pm to 8pm
About Quebec Marine Association (QMA)
Founded in 1996, the QMA represents both the pleasure boating industry and individual boaters with more than 9 000 members. It offers services to meet the specific needs of each of these segments. The QMA focuses on the advancement of pleasure boating and water sports, the development of a marina network infrastructure, boating, tourism, environmental protection and boating safety programs.